• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

MIG Switch XCI Information

Deidara

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Apr 29, 2020
For anyone else that may be interested in setting up a MIG Switch. XCI Files must be UNTRIMMED otherwise they will fail to work/load. I believe their region also needs to match the region of the donor cert that you are using.

For example if I'm using a cert from a NA copy of Pokemon Sword. It won't work on an PAL copy of Kirby.

I'm assuming by this logic repacked romhacks also will fail to load entirely. But HACBuild doesn't seem to want to do this for me. It just gives a 64kb "unknown" XCI file

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Thanks for the info.

If I am not wrong cert region does not matter as region locked games arent a thing in Switch

Reactions: Deidara

Deidara

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for the info.

If I am not wrong cert region does not matter as region locked games arent a thing in Switch
That is what I thought too but the only XCI copy of New Pokemon Snap I could find kept giving me a read error

In that case it was likely just trimmed and I wasn't aware. Its very possible Im just wrong lol

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
That is what I thought too but the only XCI copy of New Pokemon Snap I could find kept giving me a read error

In that case it was likely just trimmed and I wasn't aware. Its very possible Im just wrong lol
you are doing good work

Deidara

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Apr 29, 2020
you are doing good work
I tried playing romhacks as well but none of the hacbuild scripts or guis seem to want to actually make the XCI out of the NCA folders properly

Its "successful" but only spits out a 64kb XCI file. Otherwise Id test those as well