• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

USA EUR JPN CN AU KO ASIA Media Player - [CUSA-02012] [v4.01]

HK31

Wind Member
Uploader
Mar 9, 2018

Name: Media Player
Title-ID: CUSA02012
Region: EUR
Size: 108,8 MB
Version: 4.01
Releases: @HK31/@softstar
Required System Software Version: 05.508
SDK Version: 05.508.000

Download link:
Mirror by @m0nadpr0xy

startreker

Uploader
Dec 28, 2018
Has anyone with a USA console had any luck playing video content? It shows a preview of the video for me but no matter what I throw it, it either throws back an error saying it can't play that media, or just keeps on a loading screen forever. I tried some pretty old videos too.

Buzbee2

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jul 18, 2020
I tried 3d sbs videos and it kept showing the loading screen. Also do not forget to turn On MPEG-2 switch at "Debug Setting -> License Activation". Player is checking for it. Report back if any makes any difference.

AlanXPG

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 15, 2018
Thank u my friend.

Reactions: ethanwyaboo

startreker

Uploader
Dec 28, 2018
I tried activating all of the licenses to be safe and no luck, still tries to load a video and fails. Some of the time it just gets lost in loading, and other times says cannot load video. Tried quite a few different videos and no luck.

Buzbee2

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jul 18, 2020
maybe it needs the decrypted auth_info available here:

gist.github.com/Zer0xFF/bdd9903f48bbeba944d59a8f05cef87b

is your console activated?

Reactions: ethanwyaboo

HK31

Wind Member
Uploader
Mar 9, 2018
Updated links, functional audio and video, don't forget to activate in the Debug Settings / Liscence Activation / MPEG-2 (On) for it to work;)

startreker

Uploader
Dec 28, 2018
Thanks! Not sure if you made any changes but I just tried the most recent files and they do work on a very limited set of video.

Reactions: HK31

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
Thanks! Not sure if you made any changes but I just tried the most recent files and they do work on a very limited set of video.

The PlayStation 4 Media Player can only play a limited amount of video files with codecs and versions of codecs: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/music/mp_format_m.html

Also remember to enable all video codecs in debug settings.

Mono

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jul 7, 2018
Thank you very much for this!! :thumbsup: :)

unknownhero

darkmemarko
DKS Member
Aug 12, 2020
Thank you, HK31!

I've tested EUR version but I have some small issues with it. It throws an error when file being played from USB stick at some random playing time and then doesn't play anything until Media Player is restarted. Tried two different USB sticks which are working fine with Media Player on 7.51.

It seems like it also affects internet connection sometimes. Browser can't open anything until I disable and enable Internet connection again from Settings. Does it mean Media Player tries to connect somewhere but chokes (due to Al Azif's DNS?) and throws an error?

Will try to play with Internet turned off.

UPDATE: Tested it with Internet connection turned off and "Cannot play the media" appeared after 10 minutes of play.

Last edited:
Reactions: robytotem

HK31

Wind Member
Uploader
Mar 9, 2018
Thank you, HK31!

I've tested EUR version but I have some small issues with it. It throws an error when file being played from USB stick at some random playing time and then doesn't play anything until Media Player is restarted. Tried two different USB sticks which are working fine with Media Player on 7.51.

It seems like it also affects internet connection sometimes. Browser can't open anything until I disable and enable Internet connection again from Settings. Does it mean Media Player tries to connect somewhere but chokes (due to Al Azif's DNS?) and throws an error?

Will try to play with Internet turned off.

UPDATE: Tested it with Internet connection turned off and "Cannot play the media" appeared after 10 minutes of play.

I don't know, I tried only with old videos and had no problems

unknownhero

darkmemarko
DKS Member
Aug 12, 2020
I don't know, I tried only with old videos and had no problems

I’ve tried the video file which is working on Media Player on 7.51 with no errors.

It plays the file but stops at random point.

Gonna try using Mira instead of HEN and see if it makes any difference
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
The same with Mira
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
So I assume player is working properly for most of you guys, is it? From another forum I saw just a single comment with same issue.

If there's someone who was able to play videos longer than 20 mins, can you share your setup please? Is it "activated offline" or has the console ever been logged in to PSN etc

@HK31, is there any way for me to debug or see the logs somehow?

pikajuko

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jun 4, 2018
@unknownhero
I got the same problem you describe. I been able to watch at most 17 straight minutes without error. I updated to 6.72 a few days ago, still using al-azif's dns so I'm using mira. Never logged to psn. Never had this issue with the old media player in 5.05.

Joaopaulo1984

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 24, 2018
not work on ps4 fw 6.72 :/

Buzbee2

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jul 18, 2020
is there an error code you are getting? What is it?

unknownhero

darkmemarko
DKS Member
Aug 12, 2020
From Sony:
Cannot play the media.

There is an issue with the file you are trying to access or play. The reason for this depends on the file:
  • If the error occurs during video or audio playback, restart the PlayStation 4 system. To do this press and hold the PS button on your controller and select [Power Options] > [Restart PS4].
But restarting the console obviously won’t help

Buzbee2

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jul 18, 2020
No error code beginning with CE- or NP- like Cannot start the application. (NP-32046-5)

unknownhero

darkmemarko
DKS Member
Aug 12, 2020
No error code beginning with CE- or NP- like Cannot start the application. (NP-32046-5)
If you asking me than there’s no code. It’s just plain message “Cannot play the media“

Reactions: mohva