• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Installing mods/hacks for Citra 3DS emulator

D

Deleted member 535

written by friendlyhacker

What you will need:

- A decrypted .3ds file of the game you wish to mod
- The mod you wish to install
- 3DS to CIA by Katsu
- 3dstool
- Citra 3DS Emulator (you won't need it to do the hacking, only to run the game afterwards)

How to install the mod:

1. Rename your .3ds to <filename_modified.3ds>
2. Extract the archives of both 3DS to CIA and 3dstool
3. Drag and drop your .3ds on Make2.07.bat in the 3DS to CIA folder you've previously extracted. Wait until you get a window with this as the last line:

Make your choice and press s to start [1,2,3,4,5,S,R,Q,6,7]?

4. Leaving this command prompt (3ds_to_cia_2.07) open so you can later rebuild the game, go to the folder where the files have been extracted (don't move or delete the .3ds file which has been moved there) and copy the romfs file to the 3dstool directory which you've previously extracted.

5. To extract the romfs file, use the following command:

3dstool -xvtf romfs romfs.bin --romfs-dir romfs

(If you're not familiar with using the command prompt, look it up or drop a comment and I'll explain step by step)

6. Keeping the console open so you can later rebuild the romfs file, delete the file you've extracted and go to the folder which contains the extracted files.

7. Depending on the mod, you'll now have to follow the instructions provided by the modder themselves, but generally you'll have to copy and paste the files provided by the the modder (usually replacing the original ones). Modders often provide different folders for HANS, Luma and NTR CFW but the files inside are the same. Just use the HANS ones if you don't know which ones to choose, and remember to use the ones for your region (USA/EUR/JP)!

8. Having applied the mod/hack, go back to the command prompt and use the following command to rebuild the romfs file:

3dstool -cvtf romfs romfs.bin --romfs-dir romfs

9. Replace the modified romfs file with the one in the extracted folder, then go back to the 3ds_to_cia_2.07 window from step 3.

10. Press 6 (Rebuild 3DS) and then s to start. Wait until the rebuilding is done, and you should get two folders with your original file and the modded one respectively. Done!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

(Also this is my very first post so if I've done anything wrong, please tell me. And since I'm new I can't post links so you'll have to look up 3DS to CIA on this site and 3dstool on GitHub. Sorry!)

Credits go to the creators of Citra, 3DS to CIA and 3dstool. Thank you!