• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

I have a question about Rebuild Database

Soundless

DKS Member
DKS Member
Dec 28, 2018
What will happen if i do to my jailbroken(5.05) ps4 rebuild database ?

Oxeres

DKS Member
Jun 7, 2018
You will loose all your installed fpkgs...
They will still be in the ps4 but will not appear on the interface anymore.

Reactions: Soundless

Soeparto

DKS Member
DKS Member
Apr 17, 2020
I am facing it now. My games do not show but they are still there. It seems there is a way to fix it. I tried with phyton and rebuild data base, But sadly it is not succeed. Is there anyone can help?

GiGolss

DKS Member
DKS Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am facing it now. My games do not show but they are still there. It seems there is a way to fix it. I tried with phyton and rebuild data base, But sadly it is not succeed. Is there anyone can help?

This python method actually works. I tried this on my PS4. Install python 3.X version, thats really important

Soeparto

DKS Member
DKS Member
Apr 17, 2020
Many thanks for the advice. It worked. I can save all my game

jurassic98

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jun 5, 2020
how often ps4 5.05 will have issue with "My games do not show but they are still there. "?

Reactions: Mitul Talukder

d37845368

DKS Member
DKS Member
Dec 5, 2018
just curious if anyone has seen a tutorial on defrag?

My issues is the hardrive is really bogged down, a few years and hundreds of installs and de-installs. Most of my games are installed on an external drive, but by the time i started doing that, my drive was fragged good. i used apps2usb,worked fine i guess.

Most tuts ive seen deal with data rebuild in general terms. cheers

ps4 als exploit 5.05

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
@d37845368

The PlayStation 4 uses a custom file system called PFS (PlayStation File System) that is based on UFS (Unix File System) but was customized and heavily modified by Sony for encryption and etc.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/PFS

Most likely you can't defrag it as we lack necessary tools and secondly most Unix or Linux file systems don't need defrag as they are made in a way to barely builds up any fragmentation (we're talking about a tiny amount) compared to file systems like NTFS.

d37845368

DKS Member
DKS Member
Dec 5, 2018
sorry when i said defrag i meant a database rebuild