• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How to upgrade Firmware 15.0.0 without burning fuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Atmosphere and Daybreak.nro will be used to upgrade

In this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade to firmware 15.0.0 without burning fuses.
I made an ALLinOnePackage rar file . It contains everything you will need. i.e { sigpatches, fuseeprimary, hekate bootloader, Daybreak homebrew app and even the FIRMWARE file} you DO NOT NEED TO look for sigpatches. they are included already

This tutorial will be made with the safest method possible. Daybreak.nro i will NO longer user ChoidjourNX. in other words the file you will download will only be compatible with daybreak.

How to prepare for the update : DO NOT Proceed if you havent done this
1) make sure you uninstall any themes you might have installed with themeinstallerNX BEFORE proceeding ahead. if you havent installed any themes go ahead without worries.
2) if you have a game cartridge INSIDE your switch take it OUT.
3) If you have any tesla modules or cheats well disable.
4) Remember: I test this on my own units first. before I provide any files. I use the most stable versions .

on with the tutorial below

Hidden content
note if you know how to mount your SD card without taking it out your switch then skip step 1 if you do not know how, do whats on step 1.

1) Turn off nintendo switch by holding power button for 10 seconds. select turn off. Take Switch-SD-card out and Plug it to your computer. (do not unplug the SD card from your PC until i tell you to do it in a step below)

Download the AllinOnePackage.rar file from : https://1fichier.com/?b8ft4m2uiu2wkev071u4
Then unzip the files to your desktop. there will be 2 folders, firmware15.0.0, SD

Drag and Drop the folder "firmware15.0.0" to the root of your SD card. (if you followed my previous guide you will have another firmware folder go delete it)

2) On you PC open your nintendo-Switch-SD-card (it should be plugged in your computer from step 1) Delete the files I circled in RED IN the picture below. ( you must delete them completely specially the atmosphere folder if you dont delete it you WILL HAVE Boot issues) (note SEPT folder is NO longer used, since atmosphere 1.0.0 and fusee rewrite ) (you will most likely not have all the files i show on the pic. dont worry you only need the onces circled in red) { if you decide not to delete folders circled in red completely as described you will have boot issues. . . if you want cut and paste onto your desktop}

View attachment 3344

After deleting the files circled in red from your Switch SD card. Open the ALLinOnePackage folder. Inside the "SD" folder drag ALL the files inside of it to the ROOT of your nintendo Switch SD card. If prompted to replace files click YES.

View attachment 3345

In the "switch folder" (this is where all your homebrew apps are stored ) I have the latest homebrew apps and thats why you are being asked to replace as you might have an outdated ver. (It is a great idea to download the latest version of your favorite homebrew app compatible with firmware 15.0.0 RIGHT NOW. and place them in your "Swith folder" before proceeding )

Important: inside the allinonepackage double click on the folder called "SD" then open Bootloader folder. you will see a folder called "payloads" drag and drop folder called "payloads" to the desktop ( do it before moving onto step 3 )

3) On you PC: open TegraRCMGUI and click on the little folder with the magnifying glass and browse to the folder called "Payloads" (the one you put on your desktop from step above)

inside you will be able to see the NEW fusee.bin file. select it.
(the old fusee bin you where using will no longer work. you must use the new fusee for 15.0.0 in order to boot. if you use the old one you wont be able to boot. )
then go to step 4

View attachment 3346

4) take SD card out of your computer and insert it to your nintendo switch.
plug nintendo switch to your PC like you always do.
It should be detected by tegrarcmGUI click on the "inject payload" button

(If for whatever reason tegra does NOT detect your switch., just press the power button ONCE and it will detect it. if it does not detect it press the power button for 10 seconds )

A) open up homebrewmenu ( Hold the R button and hold it select a game and press A while still holding the R button until homebrew menu opens up. Go ahead and open up the homebrew app called DAYBREAK

B) click install

View attachment 3347

C) you should be able to see the 15.0.0 folder (my pic says 12.0.1 because its old screen shot, yours will say 15.0.0)

View attachment 3348

D) it will take 20 seconds (or less) to verify your files are ok compatible and safe to use. press continue
(my screen shot says 12.0.1 because its old screen shot yours will say 15.0.0)

View attachment 3349

E) make sure you press "preserve settings"

View attachment 3350

F) now make sure you select "install (FAT32+ exFAT) trust me you NEED FAT32+ExFAT

View attachment 3351

G) ready to begin update press "continue"

View attachment 3352

H) let it install the firmware until it gets to %100. then press "reboot"

View attachment 3353

Your Switch will reboot to HEKATE go ahead and tap on PAYLOADS

View attachment 3354

Now select Fusee-primary.bin

your switch should reboot.
You should be in the newest firmware congratulations

I tested and all games and homebrew app working fine.

NOTES:
IF you want to play game cartridges your sysnand and emunand have to be in the SAME FIRMWARE VERSION

Last edited:

Wekd

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 27, 2020
Once again a big thx for your guide!

Reactions: DorianX

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Does version 15 bring any new features to the Switch?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Does version 15 bring any new features to the Switch?
- The location of Bluetooth Audio menu within System Settings has moved.
- Screenshots can be taken using the Capture Button while in the Nintendo Switch Online application found on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu. (Note: Video capture is not supported)
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience
Nintendo Switch Firmware 15.0.0] Nintendo appears to have focused on the OS internals for this update.
- Handling for Ethernet adapters was moved to its own dedicated OS module.
- Pro Controller Bluetooth firmware was updated.
- Various error messages were added / changed.
- A pop-up was added for attempting to exceed the max headphone volume while the limiter is on.
- Bad words for Mainland China were updated.
- The time zone database (zoneinfo) was updated to the latest from ICANN.
- Text related to Australian + NZ privacy laws was added.

In other words. if you rather wait for another firmware its fine. you do not need to update.

Reactions: Makkonen and Acid28

Acid28

Game information
Oct 15, 2018
Thanks for all the help and work. Recently upgraded to 256GB and it borked all my installed games and instead of trying to update myself I just used this to save time and less trouble.

MKK2004

DKS Member
DKS Member
Apr 11, 2020
Is Atmosphere 14.0 in the rar file the pre-release or the offical release?

Note: The following was changed since pre-release:

• A bug was fixed in fusee that would cause a black screen when booting with nogc patches on and exFAT-supporting firmware installed.
  • A bug was fixed that could cause the gdbstub to report the wrong file/module name when debugging homebrew.
  • hbl was updated to version 2.4.3.

Reactions: rustyhh

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I used pre release.
full release will be uploaded in a bit

ipavoyager

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 31, 2018
Was the full release uploaded? Thank you again!

Last edited:

grenadezone

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 23, 2022
Atmosphere and Daybreak.nro will be used to upgrade

In this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade to firmware 15.0.0 without burning fuses.
I made an ALLinOnePackage rar file . It contains everything you will need. i.e { sigpatches, fuseeprimary, hekate bootloader, Daybreak homebrew app and even the FIRMWARE file} you DO NOT NEED TO look for sigpatches. they are included already

This tutorial will be made with the safest method possible. Daybreak.nro i will NO longer user ChoidjourNX. in other words the file you will download will only be compatible with daybreak.

How to prepare for the update : DO NOT Proceed if you havent done this
1) make sure you uninstall any themes you might have installed with themeinstallerNX BEFORE proceeding ahead. if you havent installed any themes go ahead without worries.
2) if you have a game cartridge INSIDE your switch take it OUT.
3) If you have any tesla modules or cheats well disable.
4) Remember: I test this on my own units first. before I provide any files. I use the most stable versions .

on with the tutorial below

[Hidden content]

You should be in the newest firmware congratulations

I tested and all games and homebrew app working fine.

NOTES:
IF you want to play game cartridges your sysnand and emunand have to be in the SAME FIRMWARE VERSION
Thank you dude

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
guide is updated with latest ver of atmosphere hekate

pietpiet50

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jan 30, 2019
hi is this also possible from firmware 11 till 15 at once? I am on SX OS, no emunand, no other things installed. Last update to 11 was with choixdujour.

1 will switch to atmosphere, but I read so many stories of how to,
the switch is the first genenration, software mod, no modchips

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
hi is this also possible from firmware 11 till 15 at once? I am on SX OS, no emunand, no other things installed. Last update to 11 was with choixdujour.

1 will switch to atmosphere, but I read so many stories of how to,
the switch is the first genenration, software mod, no modchips
yes it is possible and totally fine to jump from 11 to 15. and also jump from SX OS to atmosphere no problem

THeChoosenOne

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jan 4, 2019
Hi all,

I've just updated my switch from 13.xx to 15.x firmware today. I've followed the procedure exactly as described on this tutorial. I don't now why, but i can't get the Switch booted beyond the Atmosphere start-up screen.

I've MacOSX 13 and I'm inserting the payload fusee.bin through the following websites https://fusee-gelee.firebaseapp.com/# or https://webcfw.sdsetup.com/#. The switch boots up., but only until the first Atmosphere boot-screen and continues after 1-2 seconds and the screen stays black afterwards. Can somebody please help? Thanks a million!

Last edited:

philltery

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi all,

I've just updated my switch from 13.xx to 15.x firmware today. I've followed the procedure exactly as described on this tutorial. I don't now why, but i can't get the Switch booted beyond the Atmosphere start-up screen.

I've MacOSX 13 and I'm inserting the payload fusee.bin through the following websites https://fusee-gelee.firebaseapp.com/# or https://webcfw.sdsetup.com/#. The switch boots up., but only until the first Atmosphere boot-screen and continues after 1-2 seconds and the screen stays black afterwards. Can somebody please help? Thanks a million!
Hi, do you have any cartridge inside? I was having a similar problem after putting mine back in until I configured atmosphere

THeChoosenOne

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jan 4, 2019
Hi, do you have any cartridge inside? I was having a similar problem after putting mine back in until I configured atmosphere
Hi Philltery,

I have no cartridges installed. There seems to be something wrong with the fusee.bin file. I've downloaded the AllinOnePackage.rar provided by DorianX (Administrator). My Nintendo Switch boots until the Atmosphere screen and goes black after that.

I read that there is a bug-fix related to the switch not booting with a black screen (release notes -> Atmosphère 1.4.0). A bug was fixed in fusee that would cause a black screen when booting with nogc patches on and exFAT-supporting firmware installed.

I applied the following workaround to get my Switch fully working again!
#1) Copy the content provided in the AllinOnePackage.rar to your SD card.
#2) When your Switch needs a cold reboot you need to use the fusee.bin from the github page (https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases) instead instead the file provided in the AllinOnePackage.rar package.

My Nintendo Switch now reboots as normal and I can plays all my games again!

I hope this help you or anyone else when the Atmosphere black screen issue(s) occur.

Last edited:

Sunnyboy

Fire Member
DKS Member
Nov 9, 2018
one question, can i boot the switch with a rcm loader when i install this
im gonne update from SXOS 11.0.0 to 15.0.0

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
one question, can i boot the switch with a rcm loader when i install this
im gonne update from SXOS 11.0.0 to 15.0.0
Yes, you just need to change the push file to Fusee on your RCM loader, and set the loader to Atmosphere.

Reactions: NourlBen

chrishisky

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi Dorian

Thanks for the awesome guide and resources again!

I've just updated my firmware as the new Kirby game wasn't transfering with Awoo like other games have before. However on 15.0 it still had the same problem. I read online that it might require 15.01.

Your AllinOne app on the SD card has a feature for rebootless update of firmware and gave me the option of 15.01. I've just started the download using your app on my switch. Will 15.01 be safe to install do you think? Or will I need a new payload?

Thanks in advance.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Hi Dorian

Thanks for the awesome guide and resources again!

I've just updated my firmware as the new Kirby game wasn't transfering with Awoo like other games have before. However on 15.0 it still had the same problem. I read online that it might require 15.01.

Your AllinOne app on the SD card has a feature for rebootless update of firmware and gave me the option of 15.01. I've just started the download using your app on my switch. Will 15.01 be safe to install do you think? Or will I need a new payload?

Thanks in advance.
you will need a new payload.

if you want to wait a lil longer i will make a guide for firmware 16.0.0 that way you guys dont need to update for the next 6 to 9 months

Reactions: rav90

chrishisky

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 29, 2020
you will need a new payload.

if you want to wait a lil longer i will make a guide for firmware 16.0.0 that way you guys dont need to update for the next 6 to 9 months
Brilliant, thanks again Dorian!

Status
Not open for further replies.