• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How to Upgrade firmware 14.1.2 without burning eFuses.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Atmosphere and Daybreak.nro will be used to upgrade

In this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade to firmware 14.1.2 without burning fuses.
I also made an allinonepackage rar file . It contains everything you will need. i.e { sigpatches, fuseeprimary, hekate bootloader, Daybreak homebrew app and even the FIRMWARE file} you DO NOT NEED TO look for sigpatches. they are included already

This tutorial will be made with the safest method possible. Daybreak.nro i will NO longer user ChoidjourNX. in other words the file you will download will only be compatible with daybreak.

How to prepare for the update : DO NOT Proceed if you havent done this
1) make sure you uninstall any themes you might have installed with themeinstallerNX BEFORE proceeding ahead. if you havent installed any themes go ahead without worries.
2) if you have a game cartridge INSIDE your switch take it OUT.
3) If you have any tesla modules or cheats well disable.
4) Remember: I test this on my own units first. before I provide any files. I use the most stable versions .

on with the tutorial below

Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
You should be in the newest firmware congratulations

I tested and all games and homebrew app working fine.

NOTES:
IF you want to play game cartridges your sysnand and emunand have to be in the SAME FIRMWARE VERSION

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Nice one @DorianX , I'm sure this'll help a fair few people out who haven't made the jump yet, and all the new games need this upgrade now.
thank you for always keeping up with the comments. you will help many by posting the link so that they can follow the guide.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
thank you for always keeping up with the comments. you will help many by posting the link so that they can follow the guide.
Can and will do my good sir.

Reactions: DorianX

chluke0327

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 14, 2018
I've been waiting for this one (I'm still on 12.0.1)! Can't wait to delve in. Thank you!!!

Reactions: DorianX and Azrial

AngryHobo

DKS Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Apr 10, 2022
Thanks, you're a boss.

mirnes84

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
Then unzip the files to your desktop. there will be 3 folders, firmware14.1.2, SD and payloads
There are only 2 folders,...no payloads folder?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
There are only 2 folders,...no payloads folder?
thank you for your input. I went ahead and fixed the bad wording. payload folder is inside the bootloader folder

Last edited:

Gumpstar

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 12, 2019
Link gone bad?
Can't open on my phone to download the files!?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Link gone bad?
Can't open on my phone to download the files!?
link is still up and working

Gumpstar

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 12, 2019
Link gone bad?
Can't open on my phone to download the files
link is still up and working
All good on pc.
Updated and working fine
Thanks.

RockTheGanja

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 11, 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together for us

Reactions: Herculite

Jackfavvv

Legendary Member
Uploader
Dec 19, 2018
I have a chipped Switch, do I need tegrarcmGUI?

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
I have a chipped Switch, do I need tegrarcmGUI?
Do you need to push the Fusee or Hekate file to boot your Switch or does it boot into CFW all on it's own?

Jackfavvv

Legendary Member
Uploader
Dec 19, 2018
Do you need to push the Fusee or Hekate file to boot your Switch or does it boot into CFW all on it's own?
It always boots to Hekate on startup.

miria

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hello, thanks a lot for the tutorial.
I have a question please, followed all instructions and after injecting the playload i get the message "fatal error occured when runnine fusée, failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3!" press power to reboot. on my switch
is there any solution?
the only difference from the tutorial is that when i deleted the atmosphere and bootloader files as shown in the screenshot, i din't have any "sept" file
and in the allinone playload file, the name i have is fusee.bin and not Fusee-primary.bin like the tutorial.
thank you

AngryHobo

DKS Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Apr 10, 2022
Is your SD card in the right format? Sounds like an odd question but I see that people have the issue you are because of that. Also that is ok for your payload file, mine is named the same.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Is your SD card in the right format? Sounds like an odd question but I see that people have the issue you are because of that. Also that is ok for your payload file, mine is named the same.
SD card format would make zero issues, I'd suggest transferring your games folder to your PC, formatting the card and starting again, it sounds like you made a mistake somewhere, this setup from @DorianX works 100%, loads of other members have used it with no issues.

bluemike79

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Sep 21, 2019
Atmosphere and Daybreak.nro will be used to upgrade

In this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade to firmware 14.1.2 without burning fuses.
I also made an allinonepackage rar file . It contains everything you will need. i.e { sigpatches, fuseeprimary, hekate bootloader, Daybreak homebrew app and even the FIRMWARE file} you DO NOT NEED TO look for sigpatches. they are included already

This tutorial will be made with the safest method possible. Daybreak.nro i will NO longer user ChoidjourNX. in other words the file you will download will only be compatible with daybreak.

How to prepare for the update : DO NOT Proceed if you havent done this
1) make sure you uninstall any themes you might have installed with themeinstallerNX BEFORE proceeding ahead. if you havent installed any themes go ahead without worries.
2) if you have a game cartridge INSIDE your switch take it OUT.
3) If you have any tesla modules or cheats well disable.
4) Remember: I test this on my own units first. before I provide any files. I use the most stable versions .

on with the tutorial below

[Hidden content]

You should be in the newest firmware congratulations

I tested and all games and homebrew app working fine.

NOTES:
IF you want to play game cartridges your sysnand and emunand have to be in the SAME FIRMWARE VERSION
Thank you for the tutorial!