• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How to make the easter event work on Animal Crossing New Horizon

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
First make sure you have the latest update you can get it from
@AutumnWolf https://forum.darksoftware.net/thre...ons-update-1-1-1-and-dlc-now-available.39454/

BEST OF ALL NO NINTENDO ACCOUNT NEEDED, no need to go online !!! TESTED BY ME cfw 9.1.0 atmos 0.10.5

animalcrossing-bunny-hero500.jpg

1) Download JKSV.nro and put it in the "switch "folder on your SD card. Put the SD back in you NS and Open jksv from the homebrew menu.
1a) This step is to backup your ACNH data. (in case whatever goes wrong) (Totally optional but recommended. if you dont want to read the next sentence below) click device, animal crossing, select new, click " a " , and name the folder "before easter".

2)Then go back (press "b" on you controller) to go back home of JKSV, click bcat, animal crossing, select new, click "a", and name the folder "easter event "

If you are using SXOS, you need to hold R while selecting Animal Crossing for the backup and New, otherwise 'A' button when selecting 'New', doesn't do anything. Thanks @Dominus

3) go to this website

Hidden content

also here is another link
https://1fichier.com/?8jcd6fkb9lpbuzjbvfyl
Download the file to your computer. Now shut down your NS take SD Card out and plug in computer. there will be a new folder at the root of our SD called JKSV inside of it will be the folder you created "easter" copy and paste the "directories folder " you just downloaded. leave the "Passphrase" file alone. at the end of the day you should only have 2 files there like the pic below (passphrase file and directories folder)

20200402_001853.jpg

4) put SD back in your NS. boot your switch, run JKSV app again , click bcat, and select the folder you modified "easter", click "y " to restore, done

when you launch the game the title screen should now say 1.1.1a and you should also have the easter event. ( you are done go play the game)

From here down below are trouble shooting comments and User community imput, ony read it if you have problems or you want to input confirmed working solutions.

PS. If your game says 1.1.1a but the event its not kicked on by Tom Crook set your clock back to March 31st at time 5.05 AM, enter your game let him speak. Close out of the game (close it completely from running, press x and close) . Set your clock back to the present date ( or what ever time you had it on ) - your event should be working now

PS: I did this guide on update 1.1.0 and it did NOT work. so if its not working for you is because you dont have the latest update. also you can see on the title screen it will say 1.1.1a once you apply the above guide.

for everyone : I urge everyone to update ASAP to 1.1.2. some pretty big bugs are patched. one of them residents NOT moving in when you asked them to.
if you followed my guide above just download the new 1.1.2 update install like you would normally do and it "just works"

P.S confirmed working. the event runs till April 12th. it is supposed to stop automatically after said date.

PS If you are an SX OS user and cant update is due to the sx installer not getting their crap together when installing unsigned dlcs and updates LOL. so yeah use gold leaf.

As it's already been stated, SX OS users do not have the option of renaming the folders once you perform the backup in JKSV. So, I figured - I'll just rename the file on my computer - do not do this! This will cause JKSV to not recognize the BCAT folder making it so you are not able to restore. Just leave the directory names AS-IS, drop the directories folder in the corresponding BCAT backup folder and you'll have no issues restoring in JKSV. thanks for this @801chrisp

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
@ExquisiteToast thanks for the heads up

Reactions: jojo1987

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
i fixed the google drive link

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
also 1fichier link added

Elanorh295

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks, worked great on SX OS. They have their act together just fine, actually, as I haven't had a single issue with anything Animal Crossing so far on SX OS. It's the user, not the CFW, that is the problem.

Thanks again!

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Thanks, worked great on SX OS. They have their act together just fine, actually, as I haven't had a single issue with anything Animal Crossing so far on SX OS. It's the user, not the CFW, that is the problem.

Thanks again!
you welcome. glad i could help
@Elanorh295 I will tag you if there is a summer event or Halloween and I havent gotten a hold of a pro sx os license.

Dominus

DKS Member
Mar 17, 2018
Also just to make this more clear for others, you might want to add or change these:
  • If you are using SXOS, you need to hold R while selecting Animal Crossing for the backup and New, otherwise 'A' button when selecting 'New', doesn't do anything.
  • On SXOS, I did not see a way to rename these backups or BCATS, so might want to make note of that unless someone knows how we can name them.
  • Might be a good idea to say "passphrase.bin file" instead of just Passphrase. I thought there was a password I should be looking for lol.
  • And do we copy the directories folder itself or the content of the directories folder? aka JKSV/Animal Crossing New Horizons/BCAT DIR/directories or JKSV/Animal Crossing New Horizons/BCAT DIR/EventDeli and JKSV/Animal Crossing New Horizons/BCAT DIR//ItemDeli

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
guide was made with atmosphere (what most people use) ( i no longer have a sx os pro license i sold the switch that had it)

we are not renaming any files. not the backup nor the passphrase. what you are doing is naming the folder in where the file will be created. The only reason why I am having you guys name the folder "easter" is because there will be more events, halloween, Xmast etc etc. and because i am noob friendly I am not having them name the folder whatever they want. you can do it if you want. naming the folder makes no major impact.

Passphrase is a file no one should be messing with ( depending on how your config is. if you are tech savy and you have |show file extension" bin will show up. or not. ) so in order to make it short and noob friendly no more is mentioned about the file. its file extension or usage.

you copy and paste directories folder to JKSV/Animal Crossing new Horizons/easter. only 2 files should be there the Passphrase and the folder "directories"
20200402_001853.jpg

@Dominus your input is greatly appreciated to make this guide better. ( for sx os users that have to deal with it )
credit was given and has been edited up above​

Last edited:

Arek

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 14, 2019
If not working, set the date to 1st april 4:57 am, wait for the 5 am speech and then set the date back.

jesus g

Sasori559
DKS Member
Mar 17, 2020
will these steps work if version been updated to 1.1.2?

801chrisp

DKS Member
Jun 2, 2018
Area 51
Thank you for posting this! I was able to get it to work without any issues - I did run into a slight bump, but ultimately it was my fault and after running through the process once more I was able to get it working! I did however just want to share my experience running through this process as an SX OS user for any potential other SX OS users that may run into the same issue I did:

My setup:
  • SX OS v2.9.4 BETA
  • Nintendo Switch OS v9.2.0 (patched via ChoiDujourNX)
  • Animal Crossing v1.1.1 (patched using the v1.1.1 update as linked in the post)

As it's already been stated, SX OS users do not have the option of renaming the folders once you perform the backup in JKSV. So, I figured - I'll just rename the file on my computer - do not do this! This will cause JKSV to not recognize the BCAT folder making it so you are not able to restore. Just leave the directory names AS-IS, drop the directories folder in the corresponding BCAT backup folder and you'll have no issues restoring in JKSV.

Thanks again!

Dominus

DKS Member
Mar 17, 2018
If not working, set the date to 1st april 4:57 am, wait for the 5 am speech and then set the date back.
I think you just need to restart your Switch. I might be wrong, but I'd at least try rebooting the Switch first. You don't want to mess with the time and end up with $800,000 worth of spoiled turnips!

Tiptop

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 22, 2019
Got this to work with 1.1.2 using the steps at the start and SXOS shows as 1.1.2 a

1.1.2a.jpg

starting the game i could see eggs on trees but did not get any message

eggs on trees.jpg

after resetting the date to 4:57am and 1st April and waiting a couple of minuets

tom nook made an announcement
Bunny Day.jpg

is it just the eggs on trees or is there more to this bunny day?

Reactions: DorianX

Dominus

DKS Member
Mar 17, 2018
Got this to work with 1.1.2 using the steps at the start and SXOS shows as 1.1.2 a

View attachment 1895

starting the game i could see eggs on trees but did not get any message

View attachment 1896

after resetting the date to 4:57am and 1st April and waiting a couple of minuets

tom nook made an announcement
View attachment 1897

is it just the eggs on trees or is there more to this bunny day?
No need to change time, just restart your Switch. The bunny will be there, and there will be an announcement the next time you play the next day.

Bunny Day allows you to collect eggs in Trees, Balloons, Fishing, Hitting Rocks, Chopping Wood, and Digging them out of the ground. You then find and make DIY stuff with them and get a prize if you make everything before the Bunny comes back & leaves on April 12th.

Reactions: Tiptop

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
for everyone : I urge everyone to update ASAP. some pretty big game bugs are patched. one of them residents NOT moving in when you asked them to.
if you followed my guide above just download the new 1.1.2 update install like you would normally do and it "just works"

Thanks @Tiptop for your pics

here is the link for the 1.1.2 update
Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.

Last edited:

Semperjohn88

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jun 12, 2018
Works great with the new update, big thx for your work

Reactions: DorianX

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Update 1.1.3 is out. and is available to download in OP ACNH post go download it
I just read the changelog and it fixes balloons NOT flying in your island.

if your balloons still fly above your island. i dont see why we should update since the bug does not affect us.

if you do have the bug. Just install the update like you would install any other update and technically it should work just fine. I mean the update is small and basic.

Last edited:

Dichotomy

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 24, 2018
Update 1.1.3 is out.
I just read the changelog and it fixes balloons NOT flying in your island.

if your balloons still fly above your island. i dont see why we should update since the bug does not affect us.

if you do have the bug. Just install the update like you would install any other update and technically it should work just fine. I mean the update is small and basic.
Well I would install the update if anyone provided a link to it. Also being affected by the glitch is not the only reason to update, both players need to be on the same version for LAN play.