• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How to get your DLC/Themes from PSN and make them installable

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
This Guide allows you to get your content (Themes & DLC) from your PSN account, make a mask PKG file and install it with HEN. Themes are permanent this way.

Warning: Not all Games with DLCs (extra data) work!
To see if your extra data DLC works without going into the game just use a FTP client and connect to your PS4, then go to /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/. You should see some folders with the dlc content ids ending with -ac (Example: EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952-ac). Some DLCs may not show up, even when working correctly ingame.
1. Requirements
2. Get your PKGs from PSN with PSDLE
3. Create the mask/license pkg file
4. List of games not working with this method
_________________________________________________________________________​

1. Requirements:
  • PSN Account (and DLCs or Themes on it obviously)​
  • Fake PKG Generator (orbis-pub-chk, orbis-pub-sfo, orbis-pub-gen or orbis-pub-cmd for the psDLC way)​
Optional:
  • PSDLE (or any other way to get your original PKGs)​
  • Retail Disc Game (for DLCs)​
  • psDLC (Tested Version 4, newer versions dont work atm)​

You can skip this part if you already have your original PKGs or want to use another way to get them
  1. Install the PSDLE Extension for Chrome or Firefox​
  2. Go to https://store.playstation.com and log in to your account​
  3. Click the blue flag on the top right of your Browser​
  4. Click on "Start" (A new window with all your Games/Themes/Apps should appear)​
  5. On the Top, click on "Export View"​
  6. Now change Platform to "Id" and Size to "pkg". Like this:​
  7. psdlemxuto.jpg
  8. You can save the List on your PC by clicking on CSV, or view it directly in your browser with "Export View"​
  9. Now open the CSV with Notepad or just view the list in your browser
  10. Search for the DLC/Theme you want
  11. Every row has 4 parts in it (Name, Content ID, PKG Link, Date). The first 3 are important, if you want to, copy them into a new document. You'll need the them later. For Instance:
    "Persona 5 Futaba Sakura Special Theme,EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952,http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.n...x/f/EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952.json"
  12. Copy the .json link in your browser (Make sure not to copy the "," at the end)
  13. You should see some text, including a link to a .pkg file (In my case:
    http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.n...xx/f/EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952.pkg)
  14. Copy the link in your browser and the download should start
  15. You now have the original PSN pkg file!

3. Create the mask/license pkg file
Choose your preferred way, skip 3.a if you want to use psDLC. Consider that psDLC does not work for everything yet!

3.a - Manual Way (Skip this part if you want to use psDLC)
  1. Open orbis-pub-chk.exe and add your pkg file
  2. On the right, click "Extract files..." and then "Execute without Password"
  3. Click OK and in the next window choose your output directory. (C:\mytheme or whatever you want)
  4. On the bottom check all boxes except param.sfo and click "Start"
  5. Now you should have an "Sc0" folder with 4 files in it (icon0.png, license.dat, license.info, psreserved.dat)
  6. In "C:\mytheme" (or what you choose in 3.) create a folder named "sce_sys". Now you should have the "Sc0" and the "sce_sys" folder in "C:\mytheme".
  7. Open orbis-pub-sfo.exe and change the Category to "(PS4) Additional Content" for DLCs or "(PS4) System Software Theme" for themes.
  8. Now you'll need the Content ID you saved in step 2.11. In my case "EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952". Just put it in the Content ID field.
  9. sfoeditn9uum.png
  10. On the left click on "Title Text" and fill out the "Theme Name" and "Theme Provider Name" Boxes. (In my experience it shouldn't matter what you put here, but I'll use the original theme name just in case)
  11. themenameqysre.png
  12. Save the File (File(F) -> Save as(A) ...) in the "sce_sys" folder. (Name must be "param")
  13. Now make sure you have the two folders ready ("Sc0" with 4 files in it and "sce_sys" with "param.sfo" in it)
  14. Open orbis-pub-gen.exe and go to File(F) -> New Project(N) -> System Software Theme Package(T). (For DLC choose "Additional Content Package with Extra Data(W)")
  15. Double click on Image0 - a new window opens. Now just drag and drop both folders ("Sc0" and "sce_sys") in the right box. Now just exit this window (File(F) -> Close(C) or just the x in the top right)
  16. Go to Command(C) -> Project Setting(P)... and click on the Package tab
  17. Put your Content ID from step 2.10 in the first box again. In the second box just put 32 x 0 (hold 0).
    packagey8u4s.png
  18. Click on OK and then Build (top right). Just choose your Output Path on the bottom here. I like to add _installfirst.pkg to the filename, so you know which pkg to install first. (Filename in my case: EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952-A0000-V0100_installfirst.pkg)
  19. Finally click Build. It should finish with some warnings, but hopefully no errors.
  20. Now you can copy your created PKG file and the original PKG file to your USB Device and install it via Debug Menu.
3.b - psDLC Way
  1. Make sure psDLC.exe and orbis-pub-cmd.exe are in the same folder
  2. Start psDLC.exe
  3. Put the CUSA ID of your content in the top left box
  4. psdlc1bfk2.png
  5. Choose your content (check the link at the bottom and make sure the Content ID is the same as your original pkg)
  6. Click Create fPkg
  7. Now you can copy your created PKG file and the original PKG file to your USB Device and install it via Debug Menu.

Last edited:

Ibelieveicanfly

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 17, 2018
Good morning, I'm trying to do the tutorial, but when I get to step 3.5, only 3 files appear (the psreserved.dat file is missing) I've tried with several themes and it happens to me in all the same. I tried to do it without that file and at the end when I'm going to create the fpkg it says that it does not have an .pkg extension (normal xd) Any ideas? Thank you. :)

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
Good morning, I'm trying to do the tutorial, but when I get to step 3.5, only 3 files appear (the psreserved.dat file is missing) I've tried with several themes and it happens to me in all the same. I tried to do it without that file and at the end when I'm going to create the fpkg it says that it does not have an .pkg extension (normal xd) Any ideas? Thank you. :)
When you open the pkg file with orbis-pub-chk there are only 4 files (including the original param.sfo)? Well, i think it should work anyway. Just make sure you extract all files except param.sfo (Step 3.4).
Where does it say that, in the log window of orbis-pub-gen (Step 3.18)?

Ibelieveicanfly

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 17, 2018
When you open the pkg file with orbis-pub-chk there are only 4 files (including the original param.sfo)? Well, i think it should work anyway. Just make sure you extract all files except param.sfo (Step 3.4).
Where does it say that, in the log window of orbis-pub-gen (Step 3.18)?
Yes, only 4 files including the param.sfo
When I get home I will do it again. In step 3.18 I get the phrase "the file that is going to be created does not have extension .pkg" and I have not given it to continue XD
Thanks for the help

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
Oh, I think you added "_installfirst" literally at the end of the filename? It should be "_installfirst.pkg", like this for the theme in the guide: "EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952-A0000-V0100_installfirst.pkg". Sorry, I'll edit it to make it more understandable.

chris2alex

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 31, 2018
This Guide allows you to get your content (Themes & DLC) from your PSN account, make a mask PKG file and install it with HEN. Themes are permanent this way.

I've not seen a guide for this here yet so I hope this is new for some people.

1. Requirements:

• PSN Account (and DLCs or Themes on it obviously)
    Fake PKG Generator (orbis-pub-chk, orbis-pub-sfo & orbis-pub-gen)
    PSDLE (or any other way to get your original PKGs)​
You can skip this part if you already have your original PKGs or want to use another way to get them

1. Install the PSDLE Extension for Chrome or Firefox
    Go to https://store.playstation.com and log in to your account
    Click the blue flag on the top right of your Browser
    Click on "Start" (A new window with all your Games/Themes/Apps should appear)
    On the Top, click on "Export View"
    Now change Platform to "Id" and Size to "pkg". Like this:
    psdlemxuto.jpg

You can save the List on your PC by clicking on CSV, or view it directly in your browser with "Export View"​
    Now open the CSV with Notepad or just view the list in your browser
    Search for the DLC/Theme you want
    Every row has 4 parts in it (Name, Content ID, PKG Link, Date). The first 3 are important, if you want to, copy them into a new document. You'll need the them later. For Instance:
    "Persona 5 Futaba Sakura Special Theme,EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952,http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.n...x/f/EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952.json"

Copy the .json link in your browser (Make sure not to copy the "," at the end)
    You should see some text, including a link to a .pkg file (In my case:
    http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.n...xx/f/EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952.pkg)
    Copy the link in your browser and the download should start
    You now have the original PSN pkg file!
3. Create the mask pkg file

1. Open orbis-pub-chk.exe and add your pkg file
    On the right, click "Extract files..." and then "Execute without Password"
    Click OK and in the next window choose your output directory. (C:\mytheme or whatever you want)
    On the bottom check all boxes except param.sfo and click "Start"
    Now you should have an "Sc0" folder with 4 files in it (icon0.png, license.dat, license.info, psreserved.dat)
    In "C:\mytheme" (or what you choose in 3.) create a folder named "sce_sys". Now you should have the "Sc0" and the "sce_sys" folder in "C:\mytheme".
    Open orbis-pub-sfo.exe and change the Category to "(PS4) Additional Content" for DLCs or "(PS4) System Software Theme" for themes.
    Now you'll need the Content ID you saved in step 2.10. In my case "EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952". Just put it in the Content ID field.
    sfoeditn9uum.png

On the left click on "Title Text" and fill out the "Theme Name" and "Theme Provider Name" Boxes. (In my experience it shouldn't matter what you put here, but I'll use the original theme name just in case)
    themenameqysre.png

Save the File (File(F) -> Save as(A) ...) in the "sce_sys" folder. (Name must be "param")
    Now make sure you have the two folders ready ("Sc0" with 4 files in it and "sce_sys" with "param.sfo" in it)
    Open orbis-pub-gen.exe and go to File(F) -> New Project(N) -> System Software Theme Package(T). (For DLC choose "Additional Content Package with Extra Data(W)")
    Double click on Image0 - a new window opens. Now just drag and drop both folders ("Sc0" and "sce_sys") in the right box. Now just exit this window (File(F) -> Close(C) or just the x in the top right)
    Go to Command(C) -> Project Setting(P)... and click on the Package tab
    Put your Content ID from step 2.10 in the first box again. In the second box just put 32 x 0 (hold 0).
    packagey8u4s.png

Click on OK and then Build (top right). Just choose your Output Path on the bottom here. I like to add _installfirst.pkg to the filename, so you know which pkg to install first. (Filename in my case: EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952-A0000-V0100_installfirst.pkg)
    Finally click Build. It should finish with some warnings, but hopefully no errors.
    Now you can copy your created PKG file and the original PKG file to your USB Device and install it via Debug Menu.
For the dlc are you supposed to install the created pkg first then the one from my psn account?

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
For the dlc are you supposed to install the created pkg first then the one from my psn account?
Yes, always install your created pkg first.

Ibelieveicanfly

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 17, 2018
Oh, I think you added "_installfirst" literally at the end of the filename? It should be "_installfirst.pkg", like this for the theme in the guide: "EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ETH0000000000952-A0000-V0100_installfirst.pkg". Sorry, I'll edit it to make it more understandable.

Putting .pkg at the end, the file appears. Installed and working!! Thank you very much for the tutorial and for the themes that you have uploaded, a lot is appreciated. Tomorrow I will try the free dlc of Assassins Unity in Psn XD Greetings.

Reactions: cephyx

chris2alex

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 31, 2018
Yes, always install your created pkg first.
After I install the one I created then when install the one from my psn is this supposed to happen?

Attachments

• 20180719_185429.jpg
    20180719_185429.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 63

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
After I install the one I created then when install the one from my psn is this supposed to happen?
Yes, thats normal just continue.

ps4hk

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi, psn account must be for a ps4? I mean I tried an old psn account for my ps3 ,but I can't find any dlc.The list is empty.

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
Hi, psn account must be for a ps4? I mean I tried an old psn account for my ps3 ,but I can't find any dlc.The list is empty.
PSN accounts are not bound to ps3/ps4, only the content on it. You should still see your ps3 content, but ps3 dlc obviously wont work on ps4.

ps4hk

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 20, 2018
PSN accounts are not bound to ps3/ps4, only the content on it. You should still see your ps3 content, but ps3 dlc obviously wont work on ps4.
Through this tool I can only see/download my dlc if bought in the past or in general can I download dlc? Sorry i get confused

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
Through this tool I can only see/download my dlc if bought in the past or in general can I download dlc? Sorry i get confused
No, it shows only the content (DLC/Themes/Games) you bought (or got for free) with the account you logged in.

Reactions: ps4hk

ps4hk

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 20, 2018
No, it shows only the content (DLC/Themes/Games) you bought (or got for free) with the account you logged in.
Ok, that's clear now. Suppose I know another method to download retail pkg, then can I use this tool to conver it to fpkg? If it is, I can install it on my fpkg game even if the fpkg game comes from another source?

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
Ok, that's clear now. Suppose I know another method to download retail pkg, then can I use this tool to conver it to fpkg? If it is, I can install it on my fpkg game even if the fpkg game comes from another source?
No, sorry I tested the DLC way a bit more and you will need a retail disc to install DLCs (use them) this way - doesn't matter where you get the retail DLC pkg files though. So, right now this tutorial is only useful for people who want the DLCs from PSN for the game they already own on disc. Then the DLCs could be dumped the usual way.

cephyx

Wind Member
Uploader
May 29, 2018
Added the psDLC way.

moogletimes

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jun 7, 2018
Do any of you have perhaps Tekken 7 on disc? I own the game but not on disc, only on PSN Digital Release. I also own all the DLC for the game so if anyone has the Tekken 7 disc (CUSA-06014), i could share to you the DLC pkg files to try with this method. If it works, you could just dump the whole thing then with DLC.

Just incase because i was desperate, i tried using this method on a fpkg installed Tekken 7 game and it didn't work ofc.
I am kind of desperate to get Noctis working on Tekken 7.

VonCunz

YARR!
DKS Member
Jul 12, 2018
Do any of you have perhaps Tekken 7 on disc? I own the game but not on disc, only on PSN Digital Release. I also own all the DLC for the game so if anyone has the Tekken 7 disc (CUSA-06014), i could share to you the DLC pkg files to try with this method. If it works, you could just dump the whole thing then with DLC.

Just incase because i was desperate, i tried using this method on a fpkg installed Tekken 7 game and it didn't work ofc.
I am kind of desperate to get Noctis working on Tekken 7.
I do have the retail disc, I might help you with that, hit me up

moogletimes

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jun 7, 2018
I do have the retail disc, I might help you with that, hit me up
I've already solved it.
https://forum.darksoftware.net/threads/tekken7-cusa-06014.237/page-10#post-36399

Posted the DLC here. Unfortunately i can't dump it. It's really really weird and i can't even dump the game itself after adding the DLC because it's bugged when i do it. Game glitches out and i can't get past the setup wizard in beginning of game where you accept terms n sht.
Only option is to play game from disc if i want to use the DLC