• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How to fix Joycon Drift issue.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
We are not inventing the wheel here. These steps have been discussed all over the internet since problem started few years ago. I am creating this thread after i was asked many times about it on discord. I do not see any thread talking about this so...

Side story: I go up and down on firmware few times a month . (for testing purposes 9.x.x and 10.x.x) oddly enough I started having pretty bad drift issues after downgrading from 10.0.4. then someone reported they had it after updating from 9.x.x. So is it a software issue ? ( i doubt it )

the thing is, it could be many reasons. so we will try all steps in order to eliminate all possible reasons.

Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
I did step one and two, and not only did it fix my drift issue but also they seem a bit more responsive.

Do you have any other way to fix it? do you want to help your fellas comment below.

Attachments

• Screenshot (225).png
    Screenshot (225).png
    90.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot (227).png
    Screenshot (227).png
    326.7 KB · Views: 25

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
I've had Joycon drift on 2 pairs of Joycons now, everything thing I've tried to fix them offers only a temporary fix before it starts up again, so I bought some Joycon Pro controllers, which are great, a lot more comfortable and bigger for my LARGE hands, and they do not suffer Joycon drift, only downside is they don't have any external power, so they won't work unplugged from the Switch, and no rumble or Gyro features either, but if you can live with that, they are amazing, and on the very rare times I'm not playing handheld mode, I use my Pro Switch Controller anyway.

Reactions: DorianX

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
I think the only true fix is to do a bit of diy on your original joycons I've done it myself bought a couple of analog sticks and a pair of metal catches killing to birds with one stone only cost £15 uk pounds and half an hour of my time no more joycon drifted and a nice firm click when reseating joycons on the switch
It's a very easy job no need to take any brave pills

But as my man dorianx12 says sometimes they just need a good clean or you can ever try going into your settings and recalibrate them

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
I've got really bad eyesight and arthritic hands, otherwise I'd probably have a go at trying to repair them, as they ain't cheap, and it would help with multiplayer games if I did get them repaired.

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
I've got really bad eyesight and arthritic hands, otherwise I'd probably have a go at trying to repair them, as they ain't cheap, and it would help with multiplayer games if I did get them repaired.
The screws are a little small
The only two things you really need to be careful are dont bend the ribbon cables to much and if your planning on replacing the catches be careful as the springs are tiny just take your time and your be fine