• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

How to fix games not showing up stored on external HDD firmware 9.00

internal

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jun 26, 2019
How to restore External Storage Games & Apps on 9.00

If you're like me you had a crash when booting into golden hen 9.00 and all your games disappeared from your library and main menu, but your usb storage is still occupying the same space. Have no fear your games haven't been wiped from your storage, they're just hiding because they're scared.

Steps to Restore Games & Apps.

1. Navigate to settings then > devices > USB Storage devices and check if your storage device is listed and if it has a green light next to it. If not that's ok. Look for it once your repair is done to ensure it is working properly.

2. Exploit and launch Gold Hen not MIRA

3. Once you're running Gold Hen 9.00 Unplug your external USB then plug it back in. There will be a prompt to repair the External USB HDD go ahead and repair it.

4. You'll notice In the top right of the screen there will be a flashing white storage icon. Wait until that is done flashing (depending on how many games you have it can take quite some time).

5. Once the icon is done flashing you should see the time again instead. Navigate to your library and if your lucky your games will be there once again!

Hopefully this helped you out with your external storage games! Note if you repair your EXTERNAL without launching Gold Hen 9.00 your games wont show.

Big thanks to Seanp2500 for his help solving this issue.

Last edited:

jamesbond

DKS Member
DKS Member
Dec 21, 2020
Interesting Id like to clear my ps4 of junk & re initialise firmware 9.0. As the majority of my games are stored external drive will they re appear after jailbreaking and plugging in my usb drive? This is something I've considered doing but with a large catalogue of games it would break me if they did not reappear and all my game installs were lost, thoughts

A Question with regards to your external storage is it ps4 formatted as extended storage or formatted on a pc ty

jamesbond

DKS Member
DKS Member
Dec 21, 2020
Another App2usb issue, how do you know what files are utilized on my PS4. OK Im not playing them all, however there are files there that were installed previously but removed from my ps4. however they remain on my usb drive as I use app2usb . So you have a large external storage with TBs of files that are taking up space but not likely to be utilised, as they arent installed on the ps4 and cant run without reinstalling them .
Is difficult to remary the 2 so its the same files