• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

How do I Delete PKG Files That Failed to Install?

djhazardous

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jun 3, 2018
Can anyone tell me how I can delete update pakages that failed to install? I have 21GB of unknown files listed as 'other' in storage management I need to delete. I think they are GTA V and Evil Within 2 updates that failed to install but have remained on the PS4. I have setup FTP but don't know the directories to find and delete them, I did a Google search for FTP directories/locations but nothing came up so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

proffk

Wind Member
DKS Member
Mar 9, 2018
I had this problem. You can try to use mira to delete the updates if you have the pkg installed or FTP into ps4 & delete any folder with the games CUSA id. Careful not to delete system files.

djhazardous

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jun 3, 2018
How can you use MIRA to delete the updates?

djhazardous

Fire Member
DKS Member
Jun 3, 2018
I had this problem. You can try to use mira to delete the updates if you have the pkg installed or FTP into ps4 & delete any folder with the games CUSA id. Careful not to delete system files.
What directories?

Smurfette3322

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 17, 2020
Had the same issue on mine, but luckily they were under notifications on the ps4 system deleted the notifications it warned it will delete updates not installed and it did and the other under my storage is clear. Something to maybe check?