• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

How do I boot a PS2 second disk and load save from first disk? (PS2 on PS4)

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
Hey guys, i been playing a game that is split into 2 discs. I've finished the first disc and now it tells me to insert second disc; When i start the second disc, it cannot find my first disc saved data when i press on load. And if i try to choose "New Game" on second disc, it tells me to insert disc one. Basically, does anyone know how my second disc can find my first disc save data and load it? Says no save data found in memory card slot 1.

Thanks in advance.

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
if you are talking about a ps2 for ps4 pkg, you have to change the max disc number in the config-emu-ps4.txt
like this:
--max-disc-num=2
and you have to put both backup files in the image folder before building the pkg. rename the second image as disc02
you switch discs with the ps button and there will be an option in the left menu bar to change discs

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
if you are talking about a ps2 for ps4 pkg, you have to change the max disc number in the config-emu-ps4.txt
like this:
--max-disc-num=2
and you have to put both backup files in the image folder before building the pkg. rename the second image as disc02
you switch discs with the ps button and there will be an option in the left menu bar to change discs

Are you talking about ps2emu ? Because i used PS2 Classic GUI to make my games into pkg. I don't know how to do what you just said. More help

By backup files, do you mean disc 1 and 2 iso ?

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
the ps2 classic gui is pretty basic, there are a few things it cannot do. for more settings and adjustments use the older method.
modded warfare had a nice youtube tutorial back when 4.05 was the hotness

the only difference is you obviously use the exploit chain for whatever FW you are using
eg. 5.05
and yes to the second question

Reactions: alips2

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
the ps2 classic gui is pretty basic, there are a few things it cannot do. for more settings and adjustments use the older method.
modded warfare had a nice youtube tutorial back when 4.05 was the hotness

the only difference is you obviously use the exploit chain for whatever FW you are using
eg. 5.05
and yes to the second question

So i'm not gonna be able to switch disc / load save data from first disc to second with games created with classic gui ?

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
never tried the classic gui app tbh. did you make two pkgs? or one with both discs? the ps4 creates a new memory card file for every separate pkg. the easiest method is to make one package containing every disc. the max number of discs the ps2emu can have is 5 btw

Reactions: stripnwild

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
never tried the classic gui app tbh. did you make two pkgs? or one with both discs?

I made two, you can't make one with both discs with glassic gui.

Reactions: darkjedirey

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
never tried the classic gui app tbh. did you make two pkgs? or one with both discs? the ps4 creates a new memory card file for every separate pkg. the easiest method is to make one package containing every disc. the max number of discs the ps2emu can have is 5 btw

I was hoping maybe if i can find the disc 1 save data by using ftp, i can copy it and paste it into second disc. Problem is i don't know what directory the games are and which file is the save data

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
i think even loading a save to a pkg with a different hash or file size will corrupt. sorry but, afaik the best way is to rebuild the pkg and start a new save.

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
i think even loading a save to a pkg with a different hash or file size will corrupt. sorry but, afaik the best way is to rebuild the pkg and start a new save.
Im following the tutorial. So the only thing i have to do is to change the max disc and put both iso into the image folder and just follow the tutorial it'll work?

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
yep, make sure to name each backup sequentially, disc01.iso disc02.iso disc03.iso etc
there are also a few other settings you can edit in the config-emu-ps4.txt like setting 4:3 ratio or 16:9.
commands, values, and usage can be found in a table on the psdev wiki under the ps4/ ps2 emulation section

Reactions: stripnwild

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
yep, make sure to name each backup sequentially, disc01.iso disc02.iso disc03.iso etc
there are also a few other settings you can edit in the config-emu-ps4.txt like setting 4:3 ratio or 16:9.
commands, values, and usage can be found in a table on the psdev wiki under the ps4/ ps2 emulation section
And to switch disc, i should see an option on the left side menu when i hold down the ps4 button ?

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
yea, it says switch discs. then select the disc with (O) button

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
yea, it says switch discs. then select the disc with (O) button
Now i'm stuck... I created the pkg but it's larger than the usb flash drive i currently have. FML . Can i ftp the pkg and install it from my ps4 hdd ? I bought a 128 gb but it still haven't arrived.

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
:rofl: doubt it. afaik you have to install pkg from debug settings from usb

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
Guess i'll wait till my drive gets here. Thanks anyway.

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
I still think the best thing i could do is copy the save data from disc one and paste it into disc 2.... But i don't know what directory the games are located in ps4 via ftp . smh

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
Made the game via ps2emu but it still can't find my save data. Smh i had 13 hours played on that save now i have to start over if i want to continue disc two. FML

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
Moderators can close. Created a new pkg .

Reactions: darkjedirey