• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Resolved Hidden/UnHidden content feature bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspy

회원 | Member
Feb 26, 2020
It seems the Hidden/UnHidden content feature is not working properly.

For example on this thread https://darksoftware.net/threads/al...xci-nsp-dlc-upd-scene-releases-1fichier.7236/ I am able to see all the Hidden content from all the posts made despite not reacting to specific posts that have Hidden content with a like/quote/reply.
I assume it's because any post you make in the thread serves as a trigger to UnHidde ALL the content that is Hidden even if said content is posted in a new post after your last reply.
This can be a bummer to the people updating the thread with new content because they naturally get less likes/reactions when the content is always visible.
In addition to that it appears that the Hidden content is also visible on the emails you receive if you have enabled email notifications in your account so it's like you don't even need to visit the forum to get the links.

That is not all, there's another issue with Likes. For example on this other thread here https://darksoftware.net/threads/unsighted-update-1-0-4-4a.45081/ I liked the OP without replying in order to see the Hidden content and at the time of the like it did indeed show the Hidden content, but a few days later I checked the thread again and the content is back to being hidden despite the OP still marked as Liked. If I click the Like button again to unlike and then again to Like the content becomes visible again. My guess is that the 'Likes' are only making the posts UnHidden for a specific amount of time before you need to react to them again.

Heres an example screenshot where you can see both threads with the issues I mentioned.
likes.jpg

African

-
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jun 20, 2018
Africa
Hi
I removed the reply function to show hidden content
And for the like expire after specific time i think it's bug after the last forum upgrade. i will report it
In addition to that it appears that the Hidden content is also visible on the emails you receive if you have enabled email notifications in your account so it's like you don't even need to visit the forum to get the links.
You mean the hidden content is visible for new threads ?

mspy

회원 | Member
Feb 26, 2020
You mean the hidden content is visible for new threads ?
What I mean is that for example with this thread that I have marked as watched https://darksoftware.net/threads/al...xci-nsp-dlc-upd-scene-releases-1fichier.7236/ every time a new post is made with content that is supposed to be 'Hidden' I get an email where I can see all the links without even going to the forum (links are visible)... I suppose (not sure) because you now made it so replies don't show hidden content I will not see the links on my email anymore (will shown as hidden).

btw since we are speaking of email notifications, does post edits also trigger an email notification?

Reactions: African

African

-
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jun 20, 2018
Africa
btw since we are speaking of email notifications, does post edits also trigger an email notification?
Old version of forum (december 2020) used to trigger email
i think disabled with this new xenforo version

Status
Not open for further replies.