• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

[First impressions] "Vigor" not what I was expecting [Nintendo Switch]

vigor_llega_a_nintendo.jpg_1708509827.jpg

Review code provided by the developers
(even though this is not a review - that will come later)

These are just my first impressions from having played the closed beta of the game in handheld mode.

I am not going to sugar coat it, this is NOT good.

When I first saw the trailer for Vigor on the Nintendo Direct I thought it would be a singleplayer survival game.

Yeah, that's not what Vigor is, Vigor is a multiplayer survival game akin to a battle royal sort of game.

Why is that? well, you are thrown into a map with a bunch of other people, the objective is to gather as many resources as possible but most of the time people will try to kill you instead.

Capture.PNG

It also has many Battle Royal-like menus.

Aside from that, the resolution is extremely low in handheld mode, this is a closed beta and things are bound to change but the resolution does leave a lot to be desired at the moment, I can hardly see in some cases.

The framerate is usually around 30FPS in most maps but in some, there are a few noticeable hiccups.

Capture4.PNG

It's also worth noting that not many people are playing the game right now so it takes a while to actually get into the "meat and potatoes" of the game.

There aren't many customization options for your character and there are only three face options to choose from if you want your character to be female.

I won't touch on the topic of graphics, for now, just the resolution as I have yet to play the game in docked mode.

Capture5.PNG

Another thing is the game lacks gyro controls, which for me is a must-have in any console shooter game.

Aside from that I don't find the looting and improving your shelter gameplay appealing.

it's simply boring and overused.

Capture7.PNG

Right now there's only one mode and I just don't know what the other modes they are putting into the game could even be.

So...

Do I recommend this game?

No, not right now, we'll see if things change when the game is officially released.

Looks like Rust & PUBG

Reactions: AutumnWolf