• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial FAT32, eXFAT, USB installation. Simple and easy solution to your problem

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
This a a simple, reliable, 100% working solution. No NSP splitting. this guide is for BOTH FAT32 and also for exFAT.
Many keep asking me for a solution to their FAT32 formatted SD card. So I felt the need to open up this thread to address the following issues.

Are having problems putting Game-files larger than 4GB on your SD card to install them?
are you tired of splitting said game files on your computer and/or having problems doing so ?
are you unsure if you F*****d up splitting the NSP and now your game is not installing properly?
are you on a lower firmware and exFAT is not supported and your only option is FAT32
are you aware that some hombreApps will corrupt your SD card if you use exFAT (RetroArch, powerswitchNX, looking at you)
are you aware that most emulators for retro games prefer FAT32, but on the other hand if you want to play newer with large files Mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Zelda you have to splitt the NSP.
I created the thread down below that takes care of all of that. But the tittle of the thread is USB installation, I guess when they submit a query results dont show up, or they are simply lazy to read a thread for a solution. I have created another thread with the solution and i did not fell the need to copy and paste info thats already available so here is the link
For ALL other FAT Problems, a balanced diet and exercise will do

Last edited:

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Hi, i'm currently having a bit of a problem, I'm on Atmosphere latest version with updated patches and using the latest Tinfoil and Goldleaf, and I'm on Firmware 9.1.0, all good. the problem I have is I'm unable to install anything that has a Ticket, they always fail at the end saying that I need to update my patches, which I already have done, anything without a Ticket installs fine. Any ideas?

rexapu

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hi, i'm currently having a bit of a problem, I'm on Atmosphere latest version with updated patches and using the latest Tinfoil and Goldleaf, and I'm on Firmware 9.1.0, all good. the problem I have is I'm unable to install anything that has a Ticket, they always fail at the end saying that I need to update my patches, which I already have done, anything without a Ticket installs fine. Any ideas?
Hi Azrial,

It's been not to long that I have joined in switch group. It was bit challenging for me to understand everything, but I'm fine now.
In your case I was also facing same kind of issue and I have solved it in this way.
- Download NUT USB and start it in your pc - https://tinfoil.io
- Use Tinfoil in your switch
- To access your pc folder where you have your NSP or XCI choose "File Browser" menu
- choose the menu - usbfs:/
- And you should be seeing now your pc drives.

PS: In Tinfoil menu you can turn off the ticket option in the
"Option" menu(Install unsigned code) by pressing this key combination:
up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,+

Let me know if it helped you. I had a hard time to solve this issue too.

Last edited:

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Hi, i have no problem installing files as such, just ones with Tickets to be imported, I have the same problem if I install them via the Switch or PC, if I download them from Tinfoil or from here, any games without tickets are fine, just ones with. I've already got the unsigned code open ticked.

cannondt

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 12, 2019
@DorianX12
Hello, I am new to the whole hack scene and I was just reading up the stickies out here. The link you gave is not available anymore, can you relink to the post, if it is still around!
Thanks

neno

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Dec 27, 2018
This a a simple, reliable, 100% working solution. No NSP splitting. this guide is for BOTH FAT32 and also for exFAT.
Many keep asking me for a solution to their FAT32 formatted SD card. So I felt the need to open up this thread to address the following issues.

Are having problems putting Game-files larger than 4GB on your SD card to install them?
are you tired of splitting said game files on your computer and/or having problems doing so ?
are you unsure if you F*****d up splitting the NSP and now your game is not installing properly?
are you on a lower firmware and exFAT is not supported and your only option is FAT32
are you aware that some hombreApps will corrupt your SD card if you use exFAT (RetroArch, powerswitchNX, looking at you)
are you aware that most emulators for retro games prefer FAT32, but on the other hand if you want to play newer with large files Mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Zelda you have to splitt the NSP.
I created the thread down below that takes care of all of that. But the tittle of the thread is USB installation, I guess when they submit a query results dont show up, or they are simply lazy to read a thread for a solution. I have created another thread with the solution and i did not fell the need to copy and paste info thats already available so here is the link
[Hidden content]

For ALL other FAT Problems, a balanced diet and exercise will do
coool. i neeed this badly.. thx for guide
good job tbh. Ppl need this

Sandancer

Uploader
Apr 1, 2018
Is it just me or does the link take you to main page

BALDOGON

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 17, 2020
is there any way to run games via external hdd via dockstation?
can you point me in the rite direction?