• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

External HDD

PL4yst4tionRox

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Nov 14, 2022
I have a PS4 formatted HDD that I use for storing my games on. I use it on my up to date PS4 Pro. I was wondering if there is anyway to use it on my JB 9.00 PS4. When I connect the HDD to the JB system it tells me that i have to update my system and obviously I don't want to do that. If I can't use my original HDD because I formatted it on a non JB system is there a way at all to get a HDD to work on a JB system.

Also along the same lines. Is it possible to move saves between a JB system to a non JB system and use them. I am not to knowledgable with FTP but I can get by.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a tutorial regarding my questions. Thanks in advance.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
no you cant swap HDD and just expect them to work. also no known way to just swap them neither

Reactions: PL4yst4tionRox

PL4yst4tionRox

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Nov 14, 2022
Actually I just found out that I can. Not only that I can but also I can run fkpg games off of it as well.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
enlighten us how is it that you just plug and play games stored on your HDD from your legit up to date ps4 on a lower firmware jailbroken ps4?

Reactions: PL4yst4tionRox

PL4yst4tionRox

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Nov 14, 2022
If you had read my post carefully, you would have understood that I NEVER said that I wanted to play my games from my legit PS4 on my JB system. All I was asking was if I could use the same HDD on my JB system. I had come across a message saying that I needed to update my system in order to use an external HDD. Then I remembered that I connected that HDD to my system before I had enabled Gold Hen. So I tried after I enabled it and I was good to go. I am now playing the fkpg Horizon Forbidden West on the HDD that I use to play my legit games on. (Just to clarify... I am playing HFW on my JB system which has a 9.00 FW.) Just to let you know I can also play the game on my up to date PS4 Pro. If I want to play my original games i would have to swap it back to the Pro. but know that I went out and bought a 6TB HDD I don't have to do that anymore. BTW thank you for replying to my post. I gave you a like for your replies. Have a great holiday.

Last edited: