• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Correct order installing fpkg games with updates and dlc's

cinek3883

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 19, 2018
Correct order installing fpkg

1.fpkg (base game)
1a.fpkg game episodes (isnt often, mostly in Telltake games)
2.update or update backport
3.dlc's (make sure you have correct update installed, some dlc's may require it ; )

if you seen few updates to download, always download lastest one, because all pewvious even if will installed be overited

all greetings to @macku55 who help me understand how its works and i hope this help someone too : )

Last edited:
Reactions: Mehdi-13

Arczi

Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Nope

1. base game
2. update or backported update
3. dlc

and if there are new update released after it just install and overwrite with new update

cinek3883

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 19, 2018
Nope

1. base game
2. update or backported update
3. dlc

and if there are new update released after it just install and overwrite with new update

tyvm, and if there few updates need install all or just can install last one?

Arczi

Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
think as i used word "overwrite"

cinek3883

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 19, 2018
think as i used word "overwrite"

yeah, i understand if i have already installed it, but sometimes games have few updates to download (usually on other sites, here mostly newest one), so im curious i need to download it all and install one by one overiting? or can download just last one and it have previeus updates too?

Arczi

Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
if u overwriting something that means only that old version is deleted becouse it doesnt have matter, u cant have 2, 3, 4 updates installed on PS4 in same time

cinek3883

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 19, 2018
if u overwriting something that means only that old version is deleted becouse it doesnt have matter, u cant have 2, 3, 4 updates installed on PS4 in same time

oh , that i didnt know, was think its work like on pc, when installing new update some old files are overite, some not, sometimes add new files too, but now i know how it works on ps4, and if i good think in that situation when are few updates can just download last one and will have all previous : ) ty!

johnnyblaze

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 27, 2019
What would I do in this situation? outside of the full game, patch, and the first 3 dlc, idk what any of this bronze gold and custom stuff relates to

@macku55

rEd5FWb.png

Attachments

• 1631584805932.png
    1631584805932.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Arczi

Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
u have correct order
1 base
2 update
3 dlc's

also it can be like this

1 base
2 - all rest

just never first dlcs without base

Reactions: johnnyblaze

kikka

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jan 3, 2022
Did it in other direction... DLC then UPDATE then BASE... still works fine (?)

Reactions: simpsonpowa

kikka

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jan 3, 2022
If someone ask; it depends...

I realized that SOME games are fine with any order you like to...
But some other... eehh... try and have fun with reinstalling +40GB again...

My naming scheme; [GAME/BASE v...] and [UPDATE v...] and last just DLC because special chars are superior to alphanumeric

jamesbond

DKS Member
DKS Member
Dec 21, 2020
With some games its what you install rather than the order, Id advise base then update then DLC. However some games require you to install all DLC or the game wont run. This includes multi player dlc, although you cant use them with the likes of COD Cold War on a JB console. Ive found with this game the order is less important than the files installed.

mrdude

Fire Member
DKS Member
Sep 15, 2020
Did it in other direction... DLC then UPDATE then BASE... still works fine (?)
It doesn't matter what order you install - dlc, game and updates all go into separate folders so it's not like they are overwriting each other. If you are installing a patch you only need to install the latest patch and you can ignore any previous patch that came before it.